This quick and easy cocktail is perfect for a warm day! This cherry frosé recipe is made with three simple ingredients and blended to create a fantastic frozen cocktail.
I love finding easy summer cocktails to make. This cherry frosé recipe (aka cherry rosé wine slushies recipe) checks all the boxes here. Easy? Check! Delicious? Check! Cool and refreshing? Check!
I’m also telling myself because frosé is packed with fruit that it’s a healthier cocktail option…well, at least a little bit, right?! But really, cherries are known to have lots of health benefits. Cherries are high in fiber, packed with vitamins and minerals, and are rich in antioxidants!
This 3-ingredient cocktail is put together in less than 5 minutes and makes enough to share with friends. If you’ve been looking for recipes for cocktails with cherries, want something easy and fresh to sip on, or need a new way to enjoy rosé all day – cherry frosé is just what you’ve been looking for!
TELL ME ABOUT THESE WINE SLUSHIES
Time: It will take you less than 5 minutes to make your frozen rosé wine slushie.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHERRY FROSE
(Optional) Vodka: if you prefer boozier cocktails, or want a little more bang for your buck, add vodka to your ingredients list per the recipe card below. Not needed, but delicious too!
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE A WINE SLUSHIE
- Blend: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined and smooth.
- Drink up! Distribute blended frosé amongst glasses and enjoy!
- Have Extras? Freeze it until ready to serve! If you will not be finishing the pitcher of frosé right away, place remaining cherry frosé into an airtight container and freeze. When ready to enjoy, stir the mixture and scoop into serving glasses. Add a little extra liquid to the serving glass(es) if desired to get that perfect slushie texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHERRY FROSE
What is the best rosé for frosé? Because this frosé recipe is packed with flavorful fruit, you want to use a rosé that has enough body to hold it’s own in this drink. Look for a more robust rosé that is darker in color (versus it’s very pale counterparts) for your wine slushies.
How do I make this wine cocktail recipe refined sugar free? If you are working to keep refined sugars out of your diet, you can still enjoy this frosé recipe! In place of the ¼ cup of granulated sugar, use 2 Tablespoons of agave syrup. You could also try leaving out the sweetener all together to see how you like it!
Can I make this frosé for one? Of course! You can either scale down the ingredients (mini bottles of wine are a great option for this!) -OR- freeze the extra cherry cocktail wine slushie mixture to enjoy at another time. Do what works best for you.
Pro tips for freezing extra cherry frosé:
- Leave room in your container for your frosé to expand
- When ready to serve, stir your frozen frosé mixture. Depending how long you’ve had your wine and cherry cocktail in the freezer, you may need to let it sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving
- Adding a little liquid to the frozen mixture helps you to get a great slushie texture! I usually do not add vodka to my blended mixture, but will add a splash to my glass to reconstitute my frozen frosé when serving!
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE WINE SLUSHIES
A good quality blender. This is the blender we are currently using, and it has been working great! This is a simple, no-frills blender at a modest price point.
LOVE THIS CHERRY FROSE RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
- 4 C frozen cherries I use dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1, 750 ml bottle of rosé wine
- optional add in: 4oz vodka*
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined and smooth
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately
- If you are not serving all of your frosé right away, place the remaining frosé in an air-tight container in the freezer. When ready, give the mixture a stir and scoop into serving glasses*