This curry roasted chickpea salad is an easy and delicious salad idea! This high-protein and high-fiber salad is a great way to keep meatless meals interesting.
We’re always looking for different salad ideas to keep things interesting. This curry roasted chickpea salad has become a favorite in our house because it is a high protein vegetarian salad (and if you leave off the feta, it’s one of the best vegan salads too!).
The special item for this salad recipe is curry roasted chickpeas. I love these for a few reasons. First, chickpeas are highly nutritious. They’re high in protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. This recipe uses canned chickpeas which are approachable, easy to use, and low-cost. I also love that these curried chickpeas are a simple 3-ingredient recipe!
If you’ve been looking for more meatless meal ideas, have been wanting to find new recipes with chickpeas, or are just looking for interesting salads to make, this curry roasted chickpea salad recipe is just what you need!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Time: It will take you approximately 45 minutes to prepare and roast your curried chickpeas. You can also assemble the rest of your salad while the chickpeas are in the oven to save time.
Ingredients Needed to Make Curry Roasted Chickpeas
Curry Powder: use your favorite spice brand’s curry powder (or make your own blend).
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Best Salad Ingredients to Pair with Your Curry Roasted Chickpeas
Greens: You can use whatever greens you like for the base of your salad! We like to mix it up and rotate between baby romaine / baby sweet lettuce mix, red leaf lettuce, and spring mix.
Tomatoes: Grab a handful of your favorite cherry tomatoes, cut them in half, and toss them on!
Cucumbers: I like to use mini English cucumbers because they are seedless, and it’s easy to cut into bit-sized circles or wedges.
Cooked Peas: I like to add cooked green peas to this salad because they do not have an overpowering flavor and they add good plant-based protein to your meal! To keep things easy, we’ll often use a small steamer pack of frozen peas, putting them in the microwave to cook when we throw the chickpeas in the oven. This allows them time to cool down before putting them on our salads.
Feta Cheese (if not vegan): this nice salty, crumbly cheese compliments the curry roasted chickpeas wonderfully. It also adds additional protein to your salad.
Dressing: you can use a wide variety of salad dressings with your curry roasted chickpeas. A simple vinegar and oil dressing works well on this salad. A lemony oil-based dressing is another great option. I personally love using Bolthouse Farms cucumber ranch yogurt-based dressing on this salad (so creamy, so good, and low calorie!). Try a few different kinds to find your favorite!
How to Make Curry Roasted Chickpeas for Your Salad
- Preheat oven: preheat to 400°F
- Prep chickpeas: Drain and rinse canned chickpeas and pat dry with a clean towel. In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas with oil until evenly coated. Add curry powder and toss again until evenly coated
- Cook chickpeas: Spread into an even layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 35-40minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Let cool at least a few minutes before serving or placing on your salad.
- Store leftover: Store roasted chickpeas in an air-tight container in the fridge. Note: Stored roasted chickpeas tend to lose their crispy-ness but will still taste good. They will still be great for salads for 1-2 days after cooking, making them a good option for those who like to meal prep.
Is this curry roasted chickpea salad vegan friendly? Yes! Omit the feta cheese (or replace it with a vegan-friendly cheese substitute), and you’re good to go!
What else can I do with curry roasted chickpeas? While I tend to put mine on salads, a lot of people love to snack on them! I will say, I do tend to grab a handful (or two) straight from the pan every time I make these…they’re quite delightful!
Could I add grains to this curry roasted chickpea salad? Definitely! Cooked quinoa would be a great addition to this salad. This would be a great way to add even more plant-based protein and fiber.
I’d like to add more crunch to my salad, what do you recommend? If you’d like to add a little extra crunch to your salad, consider adding sliced nuts, seeds, or croutons.
Love This Recipe? You May Also Enjoy
Did you make this recipe? Tag @ourlovelanguageisfood on Instagram & Facebook. Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating & comment below too! Be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get free recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Curry Roasted Chickpea Salad
Curry Roasted Chickpeas
- 2, 15 oz cans of chickpeas aka garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Greens of Choice ie – spring mix
- Cherry Tomatoes rinsed and halved
- Seedless Cucumber rinsed, and cut into quarter-moons
- Green Peas cooked and cooled*
- Optional: Feta Cheese
- Dressing of Choice*
Curry Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Drain and rinse canned chickpeas and pat dry with a clean towel
- In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas with oil until evenly coated. Add curry powder and toss again until evenly coated
- Spread into an even layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 35-40minutes, or until golden brown and crispy
- Let cool at least a few minutes before serving
- Store leftover roasted chickpeas in an air-tight container in the fridge.*
Curry Roasted Chickpea Salad
- Assemble salad ingredients on a plate, starting with greens, then veggies, then chickpeas, then feta (if using), and topping with dressing of choice.