No bake key lime pie is the creamy, dreamy version of a classic key lime pie! Tart and sweet, creamy yet light, this easy key lime pie recipe is perfect for warm summer days.
One of my husband’s all time favorite desserts is key lime pie. He just absolutely adores it, especially during the summertime.
While I love a traditional key lime pie, I’ve found that sometimes they can be a bit too acidic for me (nothing a massive amount of whipped cream can’t help though…). I also love making no bake desserts during the summer. If I can avoid turning my oven on while it’s hot, I’m going to.
Enter my new favorite summer dessert: no bake key lime pie. I think the best way to describe this pie recipe is if a traditional key lime pie got together with a cheesecake to create a whole new dessert. This no bake key lime pie recipe is zesty, light, and creamy. I’ve also added sweetened shredded coconut to this pie for a little extra summery fun (cue ‘Put the Lime in the Coconut’).
If you’ve been looking for new and easy no bake desserts to make, or are in need of a new dessert for summer gatherings, this no bake key lime pie recipe is just what you need!
TELL ME ABOUT THIS EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
Time: While it will take you less than 10 minutes to prep your ingredients, this pie needs to chill for 3-4 hours in the fridge to set the filling.
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE
Pre-Made Graham Cracker Crust: using a store bought crust saves time and allows this to be a no bake pie recipe!
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
- Prepare your filling: In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, whipped cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth using a hand mixer (this can also be done with a stand mixer). Gently stir in the shredded coconut until it evenly distributed throughout the filling mixture.
- Fill the crust: Pour filling mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust and spread to the edges to create an even layer.
- Chill: Cover and chill pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the filling is set
- Top with extra goodness: Option to top with whipped cream, lime zest, and/or lime slices prior to serving
- Serve: enjoy every last bite!
- Store leftovers: if any pie remains, cover and store in the refrigerator. This pie should stay for 1-2 days just fine (to be honest, we’ve never had it last this long…).
TIPS & TRICKS
Should I use fresh key limes or bottled key lime juice in this recipe? Either is a great option for this easy key lime pie recipe! I personally used the bottled key lime juice (because I don’t want to take the time to squeeze all the cute little key limes).
Someone I’m sharing this pie with doesn’t like (or is allergic to) coconut. Can I omit this ingredient from this recipe? Yes! While the coconut is great in this pie recipe, if you are not a fan or cannot have coconut, you can simply leave this ingredient out.
Is there a reason you are using a pre-made graham cracker crust instead of a homemade one? In an effort to keep this a no bake recipe, a pre-made crust is suggested. Using a store bought crust also makes this an easy dessert recipe. However, if you have a favorite graham cracker crust recipe that you love, you can definitely use it for this key lime pie.
What kind of whipped cream should I use to top this pie? I personally like to make homemade whipped cream to pipe onto my pie because I can control the sweetness (I like a slightly less sweet whipped cream). In a pinch, I have also used squirt whipped cream to top this pie and it was great (plus, it’s fun to use!).
LOVE THIS RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese*
- ⅔ C key lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ C sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- optional: whipped cream for topping*
- optional: lime zest for topping*
- optional: lime slices for decoration
- In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, whipped cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth using a hand mixer (this can also be done with a stand mixer)
- Gently stir in the shredded coconut until evenly distributed
- Pour filling into the pre-made graham cracker crust and spread to the edges to create an even layer
- Cover and chill pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the filling is set
- Option to top with whipped cream, lime zest, and/or lime slices prior to serving