Cookies and cream mousse (sometimes called Oreo fluff or Oreo mousse) a creamy, easy dessert recipe that your family is going to love! Made with 4 ingredients, this no bake Oreo dessert recipe comes together in 10 minutes and is a great for serving a crowd!
I’m always looking for no bake dessert ideas to make when the weather is warm. I’m also a sucker for easy desserts with few ingredients, especially when putting something together for a BBQ or impromptu game night with friends. This cookies and cream mousse (also commonly called Oreo Fluff) checks all these boxes and is oh so delicious.
This 4-ingredient dessert comes together in 10 minutes and is perfect for a crowd. It also stays well in the fridge for several days allowing you to have a delightful treat anytime day or night if you decide it’s too good to share (no judgement!).
If you’ve been looking for easy desserts to make at home, this no bake cookies and cream mousse NEEDS to be on your ‘to make’ list.
TELL ME ABOUT THIS OREO MOUSSE RECIPE
Level of difficulty: Easy. This is one of my favorite quick and easy desserts to make at home! After crushing your Oreos, it’s basically just stirring everything together.
Flavor: Cookies and cream.
Texture: This no bake Oreo dessert’s texture is similar to chocolate mousse.
Time: It will take you about 10 minutes to put your cookies and cream mousse together. You can save time by using a food processor or blender to crush your Oreos too!
Oreos: You will need 15 regular Oreos plus additional Oreos as desired for topping. You can either crush additional Oreos and sprinkle them over the top and/or garnish each serving with a full Oreo.
Whipped Cream Cheese: Whipped cream cheese is key to making a wonderfully smooth mousse (with minimal effort!).
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Not only is sweetened condensed milk a staple item in my pantry, this ingredient helps to give your cookies and cream mousse a little extra thickness helping to create this Oreo dessert’s luxurious texture.
Whipped Topping (Cool Whip): Using Cool Whip makes your life easy and it tastes great in this Oreo fluff recipe. I’ve used anywhere between 12-16oz of whipped topping in this recipe based on the size containers that were available at my grocery store…anywhere in this range will work! Hooray for flexibility! Don’t forget to take your Cool Whip out of the freezer to thaw prior to putting your dessert together! The amount of time needed depends on the size carton you purchase.
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE OREO MOUSSE
- Crush Oreos: Crush 15 Oreos into small pieces by using a food processor, blender, or by hand (I did this in a medium sized mixing bowl using the back of an ice cream scoop!). Set aside.
- Whisk together whipped cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whipped cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until combined and smooth
- Fold in whipped topping: Gently fold in your whipped topping until combined
- Stir in Oreo pieces: Stir in your crushed Oreo pieces until well distributed
- Chill until ready to serve: Cover your bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve (it’s ok to eat it right away too!)
- Serve and enjoy! Serve your cookies and cream mousse topped with additional crumbled Oreo pieces and/or a full Oreo.
- Store leftovers: Store leftover mousse in the fridge for up to 3 days.
See a quick story series on this recipe for Oreo fluff here!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME OREO DESSERT RECIPE
Use whipped cream cheese! Using whipped cream cheese makes your job of whisking together the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese super easy. The whipped cream cheese makes it much easier to create a smooth texture without a lot of effort.
Can I use regular cream cheese instead of whipped? Of course you can! You will just need to work a bit harder to ensure there are no lumps. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment will be helpful if you choose to go this route.
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip? Yes! You can use your favorite homemade whipped cream recipe instead of Cool Whip if you want to. You will just need to add a few more ingredients to your shopping list (heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract) and a little more time to prepare you cookies and cream mousse.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time? Yes! You can make your cookies and cream mousse the night before your event if that is easier for you! Just cover your mixing bowl and place it in the fridge once it’s done.
How can I make this dessert healthier? I’m not going to tell you this is a healthy dessert (but it is definitely worth every beautiful calorie) – however, if you’d like to lighten it up here are a few suggestions on substitutions you could make:
- Use sugar free Oreos or keto-friendly sandwich cookies instead of regular Oreos
- Use sugar free or lite Cool Whip in lieu of regular Cool Whip
*Please note – I have not made these swaps myself (if I’m making this dessert I’m just leaning into the goodness), so cannot guarantee the final results will be the same as if you used the ingredients listed on the recipe card.
HOW TO SERVE COOKIES AND CREAM MOUSSE
There are lots of ways you can serve your cookies and cream mousse. The best way may depend on your setting and what you have available. Here are a few suggestions on how you can serve up this Oreo dessert recipe:
- For cookouts / large gatherings: it will be easiest to leave your cookies and cream mousse in a large serving bowl with a serving spoon and allow guests to scoop their own portions. Have serving bowls (regular or disposable) set out next to your serving bowl. I would recommend leaving your bowl of Oreo fluff in a cooler until you’re ready to eat.
- For smaller groups: you can have a little more fun with this and set up individual servings in cute dishes or jars! I like to use a variety of glass ice cream dishes and cocktail glasses for mine (it’s what I have). If you’d like to create layers in your individual serving dishes, start with a layer of crushed Oreos, add a layer of your cookies and cream mousse, and continue to alternate until your serving dish is full! You could mix in a layer or two of hot fudge for a little extra flair. Garnish with a full Oreo!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Cookies and Cream Mousse
- 15 regular Oreos + additional for serving
- 1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1, 8 oz container whipped cream cheese* brought to room temperature
- 12-16 oz whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- Crush Oreos into small pieces by using a food processor, blender, or by hand. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together whipped cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until combined and smooth
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until combined
- Stir in the crushed Oreo pieces until well distributed
- Chill until ready to serve. Cover the mixing bowl with the prepared cookies and cream mousse and place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve (it’s ok to eat it right away too!)
- Serve your cookies and cream mousse topped with additional crumbled Oreo pieces and/or a full Oreo
- Store leftover mousse in the fridge for up to 3 days
Recipe adapted from i am baker
The BEST summer treat!!! Everyone is always excited when you bring this Oreo Fluff to a party!
YES. I’m so glad you think so too!!
So easy an SO GOOD 😉
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for making my recipe
Oreo Fluff was a big hit! Easy to make, we’ll use this recipe a lot!
I’m so glad it was a hit! Thank you for making (and sharing) my recipe! Enjoy 🙂