This quick and easy cranberry cosmo recipe makes a vibrant, pink drink that is light, fruity, and fun! This spin on a classic cosmopolitan cocktail recipe amps up the cranberry.
Cranberry cosmos are an easy cocktail recipe that may be my new go-to this summer (don’t tell bourbon!). It’s light, fun, and just darn tasty.
Because cranberries are in-season in the fall and popular for Thanksgiving and Christmas, this would also be a great option for the holidays!
This cute cranberry vodka cocktail would also be perfect for girls night, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, or for a night out on the patio.
If you love this Cranberry Cosmo recipe, you may also enjoy this Rosé Sangria, Cherry Frosé, and of course a Cranberry Mimosa!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Quick and Easy to Make. This delicious cranberry cosmo can be mixed up in less than 5 minutes. It’s as easy as measure, shake, and enjoy!
Cranberry forward. Unlike a typical cosmopolitan, cranberry is the main player in this vodka and cranberry cocktail recipe.
Optional garnish ideas include: fresh cranberries, a lemon or lime slice, a citrus twist (lemon, lime, or orange).
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Use 100% cranberry juice. If you’d prefer to use 100% cranberry juice, I recommend also adding a splash of simple syrup or agave syrup to this recipe to help sweeten your drink. Start with ½-1 teaspoon of sweetener and adjust to taste.
- Use lime juice. Fresh-squeezed lime juice is another great option in this cocktail. You can replace the lemon juice one-for-one with lime juice if desired.
- Use store bought lemon (or lime) juice. If you are someone who always has a container of Real Lemon, or one of those cute lemon-shaped squeeze bottles of lemon juice you can get in your grocery store’s produce area, this can be used in a pinch.
Step 1: Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice.
Step 2: Add cranberry juice to the cocktail shaker.
Step 3: Add vodka to the cocktail shaker.
Step 4: Add orange liqueur to the cocktail shaker.
Step 5: Add lemon juice to the cocktail shaker. Cap and shake vigorously until chilled (about 15-20 seconds).
Step 6: Pour into a martini glass, garnish, and enjoy!
Yes! If choosing 100% cranberry juice, I recommend adding a splash of simple syrup or agave syrup to this recipe to help sweeten your drink. Start with ½-1 teaspoon of sweetener and adjust to taste.
A citrus flavored vodka, or citron vodka, would work well in this cranberry cosmo recipe. If you choose to use this, you may omit the lemon juice in the recipe.
The 1990s sitcom ‘Sex and the City’ popularized the cosmopolitan for women. However, the cosmopolitan was originally served as martini that was primarily enjoyed by men at the “three martini lunch”. So, while the cosmo may be considered “girly” these days, it’s really a drink of anyone.
No. Although cosmos are often served in martini glasses, they do not contain the ingredients required to be considered a martini. A martini is made with gin and vermouth. Some try to swap the gin with vodka to make a “vodka martini”, but there is some debate if that qualifies as a true martini.
A cosmopolitan has a great balance of sweet and sour. The orange liqueur brings a nice hint of sweet, and the citrus adds some tang. This cranberry cosmo recipe adds a little more tang with the amped up cranberry.
Love This Recipe? You May Also Enjoy
Did you make this recipe? Tag @ourlovelanguageisfood on Instagram & Facebook & be sure to leave a star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ & comment 📃 below! Be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get free recipes sent directly to your inbox!
📖 Cranberry Cosmo Cocktail
- 3 oz cranberry juice cocktail*
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Grand Marnier (or orange liqueur of choice)
- ½ oz lemon juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add cranberry juice, vodka, orange liquor, and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker. Cap and shake vigorously until chilled (about 15-20 seconds).
- Pour into a martini glass, garnish, and enjoy!
More Drink Recipes with Cranberry Juice
I love mocktails and cocktails with cranberry juice! Some of my favorite cranberry cocktails and n/a drinks include:
Dolores Garza says
Having the Christmas Cranberry Cosmo cocktails for Thanksgiving and wow wow wow, they are DELICIOUS, we are totally enjoying them, thank you so much for this wonderful recipe, we will definitely be making these for Christmas as well.
oh yay, I’m so happy to hear you all enjoyed these Dolores! Cheers!